Mega Week is a special raffle draw taking place a few times throughout the year. What is so special about this raffle? Besides the £1 million prize delivered within the Millionaire Maker raffle on every draw, the Mega Week offers various luxury non-cash prizes, which usually consist of dream holidays.
A winner has the option of receiving a Cash Alternative instead of the Non–Cash Prize. Winners who are not residents of the UK or Isle of Man will receive the cash alternative for the trip, in addition to the £1 million raffle cash prize.
Mega Week Specific Rules
The following rules apply for UK Millionaire Maker ‘Mega Friday’ draws held during the last week of each month:
Anyone EuroMillions ticket purchased in the UK , with a Millionaire Maker code valid for the draw taking place on the last Tuesday and Friday of the month, will be automatically entered the Mega Week raffle draws.
- Each Mega Week draw offers, besides the £1 million prize per winning ticket, a non-cash prize, which changes from one draw to the other and is announced before the draw by the UK National Lottery.
- There are different numbers of winners per draw, usually 5 or 10.
- Winners have the option of receiving the cash value of their non-cash prize, which is also calculated and announced by the UK Lottery official operator before the draw. *
- Players must be 18 and over, but there are specific Mega Friday draws requesting a higher age criterion.
Mega Week Draws in 2017
Let’s review the highlights of previous Mega Week editions, just for a taste of what this amazing raffle can offer:
Mega Week July 2017 – a thrilling Florida break
The latest edition of Mega Week raffle took place in the last week of July and made a total of six winners – three on Tuesday 25th and three on Friday 28th. Besides the £1 million prize, each of them got to enjoy a thrilling 10-night adventure in the Sunshine State. With accommodation in a scenic beach house at The Hammocks, enjoying the views of the Florida Keys, the winners and their guests got to test exciting things, including a private seaplane tour of the Keys.
Mega Week May 2017 – the best of Japan
The lucky winners of the Mega Week May edition enjoyed a trip to Japan, with 5-star accommodation for 5 nights at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Tokyo and 4 nights at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Osaka. Among the activities on the list: a stretch limousine tour of the city, a four-course lunch or dinner for two at 634 in Tokyo’s Skytree Tower and one at Hajime in Osaka, one day trip to Mount Fuji or Tokyo Disneyland, a private Geisha dinner, a chartered private boat trip along the Hozugawa River in Kyoto.
Mega Week April 2017 – an island paradise
The 6 lucky EuroMillions tickets holders who matched the winning codes of the Mega Week in April 2017 got to enjoy 10 nights in the luxury Fregate Island Private, together with 3 guests each. The schedule included, deep sea fishing, scuba diving lessons, a welcome massage, yoga sessions at the Rock Spa, guided walks with a qualified ecologist, water sports like sailing, windsurfing and sea kayaking, but also outdoor activities like mountain cycling.
Mega Week March 2017 – luxury safari experience
The 6 winners in the March edition of Mega Week raffle, together with 3 guests each enjoyed a 15 days luxury trip to South Africa! The package included full board accommodation at different luxury hotels like Cape Grace, The Delaire Graff Estate Stellenbosch or The Sheraton, spa treatments, Safari Game Drives, local beverages, guide walks and and visits to the Educational Centres and Shamwari’s rehabilitation centre, private helicopter tour, Delaire Graff wine tasting with canapés and £5,000 to spend at the Graff Diamond Boutique.
Mega Week February 2017 – Hawaiian paradise
On February 21st and 24th, the UK National Lottery made 6 new millionaires. They had the chance to choose the following itinerary or to make one themselves. Anyway, they spent 16 days in Hawaii!
- Oahu: 3 nights’ accommodation at the 5 star Four Season’s Hotel, Ko Olina, and a personal shopping tour.
- Kauai: 3 nights’ accommodation at the awesome Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel, with tasty breakfasts and a tour in a private custom Jeep.
- Big Island: 3 nights’ accommodation at the Four Season’s Hotel, Hualalai. It included a private dinner and a private boat tour.
- Maui: 4 nights’ accommodation at the famous Four Season’s Hotel, Wailea. A private surf lesson was available.
- Lanai: 3 nights’ accommodation at the 5 star Four Season’s Hotel. A helicopter ride could be enjoyed there.
Mega Week January 2017
On January 31st and February 3rd, the special raffle made 10 new UK millionaires, and sent them to paradise for 14 days! Together with a guest and their £1 million prize, they had the choice to decide between these 3 amazing options:
- Thailand: Accommodation in the awesome 5-star hotel W. Retreat Koh Samui. Waking up in front of the sea, or drinking a cup of tea while in a private swimming pool were some of the privileges the winners had.
- Bali Resort: Accommodation at the famous Hanging Gardens. The lucky winners enjoyed an incredible panoramic villa suite with a huge private pool!
- Maldives: Accommodation at the Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Resort. A beach revive villa with a private plunge pool was available for the millionaires!
Mega Week December 2016 – Zermatt Switzerland Winter Escape
As Christmas was getting closer and closed, the Mega Week raffle had to offer a season’s prize. December’s draw made 10 new millionaires. Each of them scooped £1 million and got to also enjoy an amazing seven-night ski paradise trip to Zermatt, a charming Swiss ski resort dominated by the towering Matterhorn. Activities on the lucky winners’ schedule: skiing, heli–skiing, rides on the Gornergrat railway, brewery tours, and private helicopter tours.
Mega Week November 2016 – Ultimate NYC Christmas Shopping Spree
A shopping trip to the Big Apple? Who would say no to that? Especially when this comes with a $45,000 shopping budget. This is how much each of the 10 lucky winners got to spend during their NYC Christmas Shopping Spree. But, that’s not all! They spent 7 nights in the five-star West Side suite of the Park Hyatt Hotel; they’ve got premier seats at the Aladdin Broadway show and VIP ice skating tickets at Rockefeller Centre; they enjoyed a Statue of Liberty cruise and a helicopter ride to tour the Big Apple from a bird’s eye view.
Mega Week September 2016 – 100 Days Around the World
An around-the-world trip? Anyone dreams about that! But, how many of us can actually see their dream becoming reality? Well, it happened for 10 UK players, who got to enjoy a 100-day vacation, choosing between two itineraries:
- Venice and the Amalfi Coast in Italy, Cape Town in South Africa, Male in the Maldives, Auckland and Christchurch in New Zealand, Bora Bora in Tahiti, Los Angeles in the USA and the Mexican capital of Mexico City.
- Sugar Beach in St Lucia, New York, Hawaii, Sydney in Australia, Manilla in the Philippines, Tokyo in Japan and Bangkok in Thailand.